Our website address is: https://www.juliamakin.com.au. This website is part of Sink or Swim Marketing.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity.
The personal information collected and held about you includes:
- your name, address, email address, age, gender, occupation, contact information;
- transaction details relating to any Services or Deliverables that you have purchased from us or that have been made on your behalf;
- payment card details; and
- other information provided voluntarily by you, for example in response to surveys or competitions.
How does Sink or Swim Marketing collect your personal information?
Sink or Swim Marketing collects personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you visit our website (including without limitation https://juliamakin.com.au), supply or buy Services or Deliverables, request information about us or our products or services, provide feedback, respond to a survey or competitions, contract with us, submit information through our website, or contact us by telephone, email, post or in person.
- From third parties, such as customers, employees, contractors, suppliers and other users of the Website.
How does Sink or Swim Marketing use your personal information?
- verify your identity;
- to provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- to promote and market our products, Services and Deliverables to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our website;
- to help Sink or Swim Marketing research the needs of its customers;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services;
- to provide you with ongoing information about Sink or Swim Marketing and its activities;
- to allow us to provide third party information and offers which Sink or Swim Marketing believe you may be interested;
- to comply with regulatory or other legal requirements; and
- for any other purpose communicated to you at the time that the personal information was collected or for which you provided your consent.
Sink or Swim Marketing may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing materials if you would reasonably expect us to or if you consent to receive direct marketing materials. Sink or Swim Marketing will seek your consent to provide you with direct marketing materials if Sink or Swim Marketing have obtained your personal information from a third party. Direct marketing material may include promotional material about Sink or Swim Marketing, competitions run by Sink or Swim Marketing for promotional purposes or the products or services offered by Sink or Swim Marketing. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing material by contacting us in any of the ways specified in the direct marketing materials or by contacting us (our contact details are set out below).
When does Sink or Swim Marketing disclose your personal information?
Sink or Swim Marketing may disclose your personal information to:
- service providers that Sink or Swim Marketing have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
- shareholders, officers and employees of Sink or Swim Marketing and other businesses within the Sink or Swim Marketing group of companies for the purpose of performing our business operations,
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our insurers;
- website host or service providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner; or
- otherwise as required or authorised by law.
Sink or Swim Marketing may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Sink or Swim Marketing will not sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
The Julia Makin Website
When you visit our website, our systems may record certain information about your use of our website (such as which web pages you visit and the time and date of your visit). Sink or Swim Marketing use this information to help analyse and improve the performance of our website.
In addition, Sink or Swim Marketing may use “cookies” on our website. Cookies are small text files that help a web site to remember your preferences and improve your experience of using that website. Using cookies is standard practice for most large websites. In some cases, the cookies that Sink or Swim Marketing use may collect some personal information about you. Sink or Swim Marketing will treat this information in the same way as other personal information Sink or Swim Marketing collect about you. If you prefer, you may be able to disable cookies on your internet browser. However, if you do so, you will not be able to enjoy the enhanced user experience that our cookies offer.
Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Sink or Swim Marketing use web beacons to track the visiting patterns and browsing habits of individuals accessing our website. This information is not intended to and will generally not include any personal information, and Sink or Swim Marketing will not use the information to identify any individual.
Sink or Swim Marketing may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses relating to you when you access and use the website. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network of computers which makes up the internet. Sink or Swim Marketing may collect and manage IP addresses for internet session management and security purposes.
Third Party Sites and Advertising
Accuracy of your personal information
Sink or Swim Marketing take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information Sink or Swim Marketing collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, Sink or Swim Marketing rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. If you find that the personal information Sink or Swim Marketing holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and Sink or Swim Marketing will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
How can you access the personal information Sink or Swim Marketing holds about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that Sink or Swim Marketing holds about you, Sink or Swim Marketing require you to put your request in writing. If Sink or Swim Marketing does not allow you access to any part of the personal information Sink or Swim Marketing holds about you, Sink or Swim Marketing will tell you why. Sink or Swim Marketing will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information but Sink or Swim Marketing may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
How to contact us
Sink or Swim Marketing takes all privacy complaints seriously will investigate your complaint in a confidential manner and you will be informed of the outcome of the investigation within a reasonable period of time.